Thursday, August 18, 2016

Maggie + Sam

Maggie + Sam

 So I may have believed you if you told me photography would be come a lifestyle and not only that but I would survive with it as my love and career. I might have believed you if you would have told me the silly blog I started would end up to be one of my greatest limbs of expression and craft. But, if you would have told me that I would get to photograph Chris Smith's youngest daughter's wedding I would have spit my coffee all over the place. Chris was my greatest mentor in college and the one who gently pointed in me in the direction of photography. I couldn't have asked for a better way to say thank you to him than to photograph him and his lovely family. 

Maggie and Sam have the kind of love that makes everyone completely at ease around them. The day was filled with so many real and beautiful minutes. They did everything right for their small bed and breakfast wedding from a simple first look in the woods to a father daughter dance alone in her cabin.  They paid attention to what was important and let everything else blow past them in the wind. Both Sam and Maggie's families casually criss crossed paths thought the day sharing lunches and walks and even poolside. It was the easiest, coolest most casual wedding day and all everyone was left with was a celebration of love and commitment of Maggie and Sam.


second shot by the wonderful Kasey Bird
Venue: Murphin Ridge Bed and Breakfast



































































No comments:

Post a Comment